- Keep your personal information, credit cards, passwords and pin numbers in a safe place (probably a lockable drawers or safe) and don’t share these details with people or companies you don’t know or trust.
- Never throw away bills, receipts, credit or debit cards slips, bank statements or even unwanted post without destroying them first, ideally with a cross-cut shredder.
- Always protect your post, especially if you live in a building where other people can easily access it. When you move house, redirect your mail from your old address to your new one for at least a year.
- Check all your statement and financial records as soon as they arrive and report any discrepancies straight away. Regularly obtain a copy of your credit report.
- Be wary of what information you publish online and who you make it visible to. Think before publishing phone numbers, pictures of your home/work place/school/address, date of birth or full name.
- Make sure your computer is protected from the threat of online attacks.
If you enjoyed then why not?
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our store to see the products we have to help you prevent identity fraud!